Part I of the two part ALA TechSource Workshop Integrating iPads and Tablet Computers into Library Services will be held today at 2:30 p.m. (Eastern). Part II will be held next week, same time, on March 21.
Whether or not you can attend, check out our recommended reading list for lots of good information about tablets in libraries!
- Barile, L. (2011). Mobile technologies for libraries: a list of mobile applications and resources for development. C&RL News, 72(4). Retrieved from http://crln.acrl.org/content/72/4/222.full
- Griffey, J. (2012). Introduction, Gadgets and Gizmos: Libraries and the Post-PC Era. Library Technology Reports, 48 (3), 5-6. Retrieved from http://alatechsource.metapress.com/content/p86r50r6u320647k/fulltext.pdf
- Lotts, M. and Graves, S. (2011). Using the iPad for reference services: librarians go mobile. C&RL News, 72(4). Retrieved from http://crln.acrl.org/content/72/4/217.full
- Miller, R. K., Meier, C., and Moorefield-Lang, L. (2012). Dispatches from the field: The Tao of tablets. American Libraries. Retrieved from http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/columns/dispatches-field/tao-tablets
- Miller, R. K., Meier, C., and Moorefield-Lang, L. (2012). Introduction: Rethinking Reference & Instruction with Tablets. Library Technology Reports, 48(8). Retrieved from http://alatechsource.metapress.com/content/t8830t2741u85060/?p=0e5761098e6d44f68bcae1570c458486&pi=0
- Johnson, L., Adams Becker, S., Cummins, M., Estrada, V., Freeman, A., and Ludgate, H. (2013). Tablet computing. In NMC Horizon Report: 2013 Higher Education Edition (p. 15-19). Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium. Retrieved from: http://www.nmc.org/system/files/pubs/1360189731/2013-horizon-report-HE.pdf
- Sheppard, D. (2011). Reading with iPads—the difference makes a difference. Education Today, 13(1), 12-15. Retrieved from: http://www.minnisjournals.com.au/articles/ipads%20et%20t3%2011.pdf
- Thompson, S. (2011). Setting up a library iPad program: guidelines for success. C&RL News, 72(4). Retrieved from http://crln.acrl.org/content/72/4/212.full
- Walsh, A. (2012). Mobile information literacy: A preliminary outline of information behaviour in a mobile environment. Journal of Information Literacy, 6(2), 56-69. Retrieved from http://ojs.lboro.ac.uk/ojs/index.php/JIL/article/view/PRA-V6-I2-2012-4/1698